Adults that come in for testing often have a specific concern. Questions such as “do I have ADHD?” “Why can’t I control my anxiety?” “Is this depression or something else?” Sometimes the concern is less clear, but you feel like something is “off” or wrong. At times, adults request a re-evaluation of symptoms or concerns when they feel previous diagnoses do not fit. All adult evaluations begins with the initial interview to determine how I can best answer your questions.
My goals when providing an evaluation for an adult are:
- Determine YOUR questions and concerns
- Consider the history and current presentation of your symptoms
- Provide an accurate diagnosis
- Prepare individualized treatment recommendations
- Document your diagnosis for you to obtain access to treatment such as therapy or medication
You are the expert on your own life and your own needs. Through the evaluation process, we can work together to find your next steps for symptom improvement. I assess for adult mood disorders, personality disorders, trauma, Autism, and ADHD.